Questions to Ask When Looking for an Assisted Living Facility
When it’s time to find an assisted living facility for your loved one, you’ll want to be prepared when calling and touring assisted living centers. You should always compare communities and ask the right questions to help you decide on the community that’s right for your loved one.
Questions to Ask When You Call or Visit an Assisted Living Facility
1. What is your staff-to-resident ratio?
2. What kind of experience and training does your staff possess?
3. How many staffers are on duty overnight?
4. Can staff administer medications?
5. Do you have a nurse on staff 24/7?
6. Do you have any experience with (issues or diagnosis of your care recipient)?
7. Do you do an initial assessment prior to admission?
8. What types of apartments are available?
9. What is the monthly cost per apartment type?
10. If there is a wait list, how many are on it and what is the policy?
11. Tell me about some of the current residents.
12. Do you have any outdoor space?
13. What is your discharge policy?
14. What additional services are available if the needs of a resident change?
15. What are your billing and payment policies?
16. Are all services included in the monthly fee? If not, what and how much are additional services?